Window Cleaning Edinburgh, UK | Importance of Keeping your Windows Clean
Most people are good at maintaining body hygiene. Unfortunately, many people fail to apply this level of cleanliness to other areas such as cleaning their windows. Remembering to wipe it occasionally is possible, but chances are that you do not give it as much focus, as you should.
Funny enough, you would have an issue if your floor gets sticky, but you would be comfortable living with your windows when they are dull with dust. That is human nature, but it does not have to be that way. Many people ignore their windows because they believe cleaning them takes time and effort. However, maintaining your windows is easy. Here are some of the reasons why window cleaning Edinburgh (UK) is an excellent idea.
• It Maintains the Integrity of Your Glass
In case you never knew, most conventional windows in residential and commercial homes are porous and therefore, they accumulate dirt. If you leave them unattended for a long time, then the dirt will cause various effects on the glass. For example, it becomes fragile affecting the transparency of the window, or worse still, pigmentation develop on it creating suitable conditions for the growth of microorganisms. When you clean your window, you keep it safe from the following things.
• Overspray- cleaning removes accidental chalk or paint particles
• Hard minerals- the source of these minerals is building run-off or sprinkler systems
• Acid rain- it is easy to assume it does not happen but it does more often than you think
• Sea spray- this causes salt build up in your window making it look snowy
• Oxidation- if your windows are encased with screens and metal frames, then there are high chances of oxidation.
• It Improves Heat Efficiency in Your Home
Once UV rays hit your window’s surface, they pass through the porous glass heating up your house. When your windows are dirty, the pores are blocked by dirt particles and the sun rays are reflected when they hit the surface of the window. That means your house will not benefit from the heat of the sun. Low-quality glass makes it worse. Moreover, when combined with poor performance, your house becomes prone to mold accumulation. You will also experience a gradual increase in your heating bills.
• It Increases the Durability of Your Windows
Keeping your windows clean reduces the cost of trying to repair or replace them. Other than that, changing a window could cause potential damage to the areas surrounding the windows. When you consider these factors, you will see that maintaining the cleanliness of your windows is necessary.
• It Leads To a Positive Subconscious Effect
Whether it is at home or at your business, visitors will note how clean your windows are and judge you depending on how it looks. In business, if the windows are dirty, then clients will believe that you are careless even in the way you handle transactions. That can be a huge turnoff for them. In contrast, clean windows attract buyers including those who had no plans of doing business with you will be interested in learning about your services. If you are in the property selling business, there are high chances of selling a property that is clean and tidy than the one that looks dirty and abandoned.
• Clean Windows are Attractive
Standing near a clean window evokes a sense of freedom within you because these windows offer a clear view of the outside world. Staring through such a window boosts your self-esteem and it encourages you to think positively.
How Often Should You Clean Your Windows?
To enjoy these benefits, you should clean your windows regularly. That is why window cleaning Edinburgh (UK) is so important. Several factors will determine the frequency of cleaning. Here are some of these factors.
• Your proximity to the road: if you live near the road, then your house is more likely to get dirt faster than that of a person living in a secluded place.
• The frequency of rain in your area: windows tend to accumulate dirt faster during the rainy season than at other times of the year. Other sources of pollution, both natural and man-made, may increase the rate at which dirt accumulates on your window.
• How fast your windows attract dirt: sometimes you can tell that your windows need your attention just by looking at them. Do not wait until they become too dull before you call a professional cleaner. Instead, contact us as soon as possible. We are the best when it comes to window cleaning Edinburgh, UK. For all you cleaning Edinburgh, you can get more information here. We also do Driveway Cleaning, Gutter and well as Windows. Cleaning Doctor Edinburgh